227 | The Power and Transformation of Mentorship with FranklinCovey's Scott Jeffrey Miller
Are you astounded by the transformative power of a mentorship? Well, you're not alone. Our guest, Scott Jeffrey Miller, Senior Advisor on Thought Leadership at FranklinCovey, also testifies to the immense influence mentorship can have on a person's life and career. From his own journey as a mentee to becoming a successful and passionate leader, Scott credits much of his success to the mentors in his life. He shares his insights and experiences throughout his impressive 25-year career at FranklinCovey.
Scott's perspective on mentorship as the most influential role outside of parenting is truly thought-provoking. He believes that mentorship is not just about guidance but is actually a strategy for retaining talents in an organization.
How do you establish this culture of mentorship? Scott walks us through this process, sharing his own experience from consulting a company with a mentorship program. He reminds us of the importance of training mentors and the potential benefits it could bring to your organization, emphasizing how mentorship can improve recruitment, retention, engagement, and referrals.
In a surprising twist, Scott takes on the 'visionary' role of a mentor, challenging traditional expectations. We also discuss the fascinating concept of adopting mentors, even if they are not in your immediate environment. We illustrate the power of mentorship that transcends physical proximity. If you're looking to make the most of mentorship opportunities or aiming to foster a mentorship culture in your organization, this enlightening conversation with Scott Jeffrey Miller is a must-listen.
Connect with Scott:
- On Leadership with Scott Miller, the world’s largest weekly leadership podcast
- C-Suite Conversations with Scott Miller, which features interviews with the world’s top executives.
- New book: The Ultimate Guide to Great Mentorship: 13 Roles to Making a True Impact
We need your help to get the Lead Culture podcasts in front of more leaders! There are three simple things you can do that truly help us:
- Leave a Review - head over to Apple podcasts (even if that’s not where you listen) and leave a review! This will help more people find us when they search for leadership podcasts.
- Subscribe - we’re available wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Share - let your friends know about the podcast by sharing your favorite episode on social media!