Episode 181 | Leading from the Heart with Steve Caton and Jenni Catron
Leading from the heart is about earning influence through relationships rather than authority. It’s developing the art of emotional intelligence. But what if you aren’t naturally wired to be a relational leader?
In this week’s episode, Jenni interviews Steve Caton, Founder and CEO of Altezza. For over 30 years, Steve Caton has been that guy; the one who comes into emerging growth companies and takes responsibility for growing their revenues and developing systems that propel them forward. Steve is probably most known for his leadership at Church Community Builder (CCB), which went from a boutique technology company to a leading Church Management Software platform in the space of 5 years.
Jenni and Steve talk about:
- the importance of relational leadership and how to build that skill if it doesn’t come naturally
- the challenges of shifting from a producer to leading teams
- practical work/life balance suggestions
- and the mistakes leaders make when they’re stressed or uncertain
Steve also shares the three significant values that have shaped his leadership.
For a next step, check out our 4 Dimensions of Extraordinary Leadership Course. Too many leaders feel overwhelmed and ill-equipped to lead. If you can relate to that challenge, you might be asking yourself some questions. What does great leadership look like? How do you become a healthy extraordinary leader? In this course, Jenni walks you through a framework for leadership that will be an anchor in your growth journey as you pursue self-discovery and self-awareness to lead both yourself and others better.
Connect with Steve on LinkedIn
- The 4 Dimensions of Leadership by Jenni Catron
- XPastor Free 2 Day Staffing Workshop - October 27 & 28
We need your help to get the Lead Culture podcasts in front of more leaders! There are three simple things you can do that truly help us:
- Leave a Review - head over to Apple podcasts (even if that’s not where you listen) and leave a review! This will help more people find us when they search for leadership podcasts.
- Subscribe - we’re available wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Share - let your friends know about the podcast by sharing your favorite episode on social media!