Episode 195 | The Value of Meaningful Appreciation with Maddie Minish, Julie Pierce, Genea Browne, and Jenni Catron
Simple things consistently done over time shape a culture.
Consistent appreciation of your team over time produces a culture where team members feel valued and know that their contributions are making a difference. Lack of appreciation of your team over time produces a culture where team members doubt or question their value and are unsure of their purpose within the organization.
This week, Jenni is joined by three members of the 4Sight team: Project Manager and Culture Conference coordinator, Maddie Minish; coach and Women in Leadership facilitator, Julie Pierce, and Executive Director and executive coach, Genea Browne for a conversation about the value of meaningful employee appreciation. They discuss what it looks like, how to do it well, and how it impacts culture.
You’ll also hear some simple ways to get started if this is a leadership growth area for you:
- Start with a simple text
- Acknowledge their family & include them (i.e. a giftcard to a restaurant they can all enjoy)
- Start & end your day with 3 thank-you notes - make appreciation part of your routine
- Encourage staff-to-staff appreciation to celebrate each other
- Keep it simple and consistent
Connect with Jenni
We are grateful and appreciative of you and your leadership. What would you add? What do you do to appreciate your team? We want to hear from you! Send us an email at email@example.com or connect with us on Facebook and Instagram @Get4Sight or on LinkedIn at The4SightGroup.
Your Next Step
Looking for even more leadership resources to help you and your team thrive this year? Sign up for Jenni’s free Insights newsletter at get4sight.com.
We need your help to get the Lead Culture podcasts in front of more leaders! There are three simple things you can do that truly help us:
- Leave a Review - head over to Apple podcasts (even if that’s not where you listen) and leave a review! This will help more people find us when they search for leadership podcasts.
- Subscribe - we’re available wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Share - let your friends know about the podcast by sharing your favorite episode on social media!